Friday 1 October 2010

Maya Dice Tutorial

Following the tutorial video exactly step by step i managed to create my Dice! I had trouble with the net layout and getting it into photoshop but in my second attempt i managed to do it right. The problem was that maya was picking up an extra face when i done the indents for the dots, maya didn't know what to do with these extra faces so the scattered them around when i did a UV snap shot. After that everything was straight forward.
First Render:


 After my first final render i realised there was no shadows being cast on the plane field! To solve this i had to select the directional shadow (something like that) button in the rendering options.









 Then there was shadows :)













I had some extra time so i decided to play about with some of the other tools in mata like the hair tools and the glowing tools in the textures menu.

Ta da! Pink Fluffy glowing dice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment